Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Time Passes

You know how, in certain biopics, or romance movies, they'll have a big plot crisis in the young part of their life, then once it seems to resolve it self they need some sort of device to get them to the end, or some later period so the plot can move forward once again. A good example of this is Mr. Holland's Opus.

Often times there will be a very cool song that plays, and you see a few short scenes, with the characters getting a little older (and grayer and pudgier) and then the music stops to start the new crisis.

If there were a subtitle for these scenes it would be "Time passes".

Well, that's what's going on for me. I go to work, I have my classes, I ride the bus home, play in the garden with Makaylah and Jessica go upstairs, cook dinner run the girl a bath, read the paper and go to sleep. On the weekends I we wake up a little bit later, have a nice brunch with a few friends, get some shopping in and spend more time in the garden.

My ideal montage would be me pulling Makaylah around the garden, but, as the scen progresses, she gets bigger and bigger, maybe graduates to a tricycle, then a bicycle, then I can give her driving lessons and then she flies off to America for her freshman year of college.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home