Sunday, October 19, 2008

Joe the Plumber

I have to admit, Joe's got me thinking. That coupled with some of the arguments I've read on Obama's tax policy, have made me wonder whether Obama's financial strengths aren't all smoke and mirrors. All I've read of the Joe Plumber exchange was "spread the wealth", hardly a promising campaign slogan.

Well, watch the clip:


Obama really is amazing. He just won my vote all over again (I admit, I have been wavering)

He met the challenge, knowing he was talking to someone who would probably never vote for him, but he tried to talk to him (not use him as a symbol, but actually address Joe's situation) and he stayed with him, for a while, really talking about the complicated issue which are (is?) taxes. (side note: I had a wonderful conversation with My friends Gini and Paul about subject verb agreement related to sentences like this)

Anyway, I'm back into the fold.

Speaking of which: check me out at 3:09

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Panza said...

I am voting for Joe the Plumber as a write in. And I'm spelling his name that way too. "J-o-e-t-h-e-p-l-u-m-b-e-r."

Washing needs to have its pipes cleaned out, the system flushed -- whatever. You get the point.

Go Joe.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Chris Panza said...

That was WashingTON, not Washing. That's what happens when you are thinking too much about plumbing.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home